Reading can help you improve your Creativity. Find out how…
Welcome to Tutorial 101:Why Read? Lesson 2
At the end of this tutorial, you should:-
- Identify that creativity, whether it be frogs leaping out of hats or rabbits appearing from microwaves, start with readers.
- Be aware that writers write to be heard. Readers are there to listen. Together, creativity is fused.
- Be armed with the necessary skills and information to call on anyone who is able to read, to read.
Reading improves your Creativity
- Particularly for children, who are still able to be lost in the realm of dreams, reading sparks the imagination.
- Good readers from a young age become good writers. It’s never too late to love to read.
- You will find that your everyday speech is more fluid, and you will communicate better with your friends and colleagues.
- Reading is able to do this because when you read, you are taken into a new world, which your brain learns to comprehend. This virtual reality created nurtures your brain to develop ideas for new worlds and other possibilities. This sparks your imagination.
- Reading exposes you to parts of life you may not have encountered. This causes the cognitive processes to be innovative in the thinking process.
- Reading enables you to understand more about other cultures.
In a broad sense, reading also includes Film watching.
- Film-makers often have messages they want to convey to their audience
- You can become more aware of issues around you when watching films
- Film watching elevates your ability and confidence to discuss topical issues
- Watching films enables you to understand more about other cultures
Stay tuned to more of Reading 101! Lesson 3 will be out tomorrow.