Whilst reading is enjoyable, lets you escape into a different world, it’s hard to find time to read. In today’s fast-paced environment, not everyone has the luxury of sitting down in a silent room and read to your heart’s content.
So what alternatives are available?
Here are some tips to help you read more this National Year of Reading, and beyond.
- Take public transport to work / school and read on the train or bus
- Listen to audiobooks and let the story come to life through voice, either on the train, bus, preparing breakfast, lunch or dinner, or even at the gym
- Snippet-read. Load ebooks onto your iPhone or portable device, and read snippets of your book whenver you find the time
- Schedule reading time into your timetable, be it 20 minutes a day or an hour a day
- Go for a walk during your lunch break and plug in to an audiobook
- Read before bed, cut down on the TV watching and tuck in for some bedtime reading. It’ll make you tired for a great night’s sleep!
- Choose books that you like reading. The more you love a story, the more aggressive you will be to find time to read!
- Join your local library’s bookclub. Then you’re forced to read before showing up to the meetings!
Share your own tips with us bty leaving a comment. How do you find time to read?